How to extend the Steeleye LifeKeeper mirrored clustered filesystem
1. Login to the LifeKeeper GUI and bring the resources to out of service.
Perform below steps on all steeleye clustered servers.
2. Validate mirror is out of service and nbd service is stopped.
3. Run scan command to detect new disk and cat /proc/partitions to make sure new disk is visible.
4. Format the new disk
fdisk /dev/sdx and create the LVM partition
5. Add new disk to Physical Volume.
6. Add new disk to Volume Group
vgextend vgname /dev/<sdx1>
7. Extend the logical Volume.
lvextend -L+<x> /dev/<vgname>/<lvname>
8. Resize the mirror on active server.
9. On steeleye GUI bring only the datarep resource to in service.
10. Run fsck and resize2fs for /dev/md0 to extend the mirror.
e2fsck -f /dev/md0
11. Bring other resources to In service.
12. Run df -h command and verify the filesystem is increased to required size
Before increased the /dev/md0 filesystem.
After increased 500MB space on /dev/md0 disk
13. Validate nbd service is running on all clustered servers.
14. Run mirror_status, cat /proc/mdstat and mdadm –detail /dev/md0 commands to verify that mirror is active and functional.
15. Inform the application team to validate the application services.